This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF LOWER MINCHINGDOWN FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF LOWER MINCHINGDOWN FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1251305

Location

BARN APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES EAST OF LOWER MINCHINGDOWN FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Mid Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Woolfardisworthy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 433974

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOLFARDISWORTHY SS 80 NW 6/292 Barn approximately 10 metres east - of Lower Minchingdown Farmhouse - II

Bank barn. Dated 1848, built for James Gill. Mudstone rubble with slate roof. Bank barn terraced into hillside and facing south. Barn has opposing doors to threshing floor and hexagonal horse engine house to rear right (east). Basement shippon. Symmetrical front. Basement has 3 segmental headed arches, the central wider than those either side. Large double doorway to barn above. Pitch of roof carried down to provide hood over door. Door flanked by sets of 4 pigeon holes each side. Below the doorway is a Beerstone plaque inscribed 'James Gill, AD 1848'. All doors are plank and ledge and have wrought iron strap hinges. They are probably original. Roof is gable-ended. From rear large double doors with hood identical to those at front can be entered directly from the higher ground. Engine house has low slate roof. Machinery removed leaving only oak beam of massive scantling. Interior of barn not inspected.

Listing NGR: SS8220909926

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SS 82209 09926

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251305 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 09:20:38.

End of official listing