FORMER WEST HILL POLICE STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251333

Date first listed: 25-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: FORMER WEST HILL POLICE STATION, WEST HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER WEST HILL POLICE STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251333 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 13:32:53.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER WEST HILL POLICE STATION, WEST HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dartford (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 53657 74176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5274 WEST HILL (North Side) Former West Hill Police Station TQ 57 SW SP/565

II G.V

2. Former Police Station, 1843. Stock brick walls. One storey. Cornice and blocking course continuing round central projecting bay with pediment over, the central projection with four-panel door above two steps, and a blocked flanking window opening with rubbed brick arches to each side. Set back blank walling to each side again. Early plan shown on O.S 1868 map and comprised central reception area with two cells to each side, the east cells later altered by the insertion of a large drying closet for the workhouse and the west cells since converted into one room, but retaining a door. The building ceased to function as a Police Station after 1872 and was then used as a workhouse ward for tramps. See Dartford Historical and Antiquarian Society Newsletter, no 22, 1985.

Listing NGR: TQ5381074129

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434014

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Dartford Historical and Antiquarian Society Newsletter' in Dartford Historical and Antiquarian Society Newsletter, , Vol. 22, (1985)

End of official listing