BARN APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PHILIP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251362

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1988

Statutory Address: BARN APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PHILIP

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PHILIP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251362 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 14:27:05.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES NORTH NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PHILIP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Rollright

National Grid Reference: SP 29410 30226

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ROLLRIGHT LITTLE ROLLRIGHT SP23SE 1/136 Barn approx. 130m NNE of Church of St. Philip

GV II

Barn. Probably 1801 on earlier foundations. Coursed squared limestone with wooden lintels; corrugated-asbestos roof. 5-bay plan with porch and opposed rear doors. Walls have numerous short slit openings, and the porch gable has 2 datestones inscribed "WB/1616" and "WM:CB/1801". Interior: trusses with tiebeams and collars support 2 rows of butt purlins. Blocked doorways in the side walls of the porch have chamfered lintels. WB probably refers to William Blower, Lord of the manor, who built the church tower in 1617.

Listing NGR: SP2941030226

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434034

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing