PINKNEY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251409

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: PINKNEY FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PINKNEY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251409 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 21:24:46.

Location

Statutory Address: PINKNEY FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Keevil

National Grid Reference: ST 93297 58338

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KEEVIL - ST 95 NW 7/117 Pinkney Farmhouse GV II

Farmhouse. Circa 1600, C17, late C18 and early C19. Rubble stone, stone slate roof with half-hips, rendered stacks and coped verges. Two-storey, 2-window C17 front. Two planked doors and single-light casement within verandah. First floor has datestone inscribed WM / 1684 (initials of Mortimer family), two 2-light ovolo-mullioned casements. To right is C20 projecting wing in sympathetic style with reset ovolo-mullioned casements. To right is early C19 one- bay drawing room addition with 16-pane sashes in plain architraves to ground and first floors. Rear has three 2-light casements to ground and first floors, hipped attic dormer, single-storey addition to right with casements and brick stack and datestone inscribed MC / TL / 1785, reset from gable end. Interior has timber-framed partitions from an early C17 framed house, rebuilt 1684. Chamfered beams with jewel stops, open fireplace with cambered chamfered lintel in north end bay. One C17 moulded wainscot door under stairs. C19 drawing room with window shutters and classical fireplace. (VCH, Wiltshire, Vol 8, 1965)

Listing NGR: ST9329758338

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 433961

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pugh, RB, Crittall, E, The Victoria History of the County of Wiltshire, (1965)

End of official listing