RENARD CLOSE LAITHE, 450 METRES TO THE SE OF KILNSEY VILLAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251437
Date first listed:
24-Mar-1995
Statutory Address:
RENARD CLOSE LAITHE, 450 METRES TO THE SE OF KILNSEY VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of RENARD CLOSE LAITHE, 450 METRES TO THE SE OF KILNSEY VILLAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251437 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 14:26:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
RENARD CLOSE LAITHE, 450 METRES TO THE SE OF KILNSEY VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Craven (District Authority)
Parish:
Conistone with Kilnsey
National Park:
YORKSHIRE DALES
National Grid Reference:
SD 97126 67468

Details

The following building shall be added:-

CONISTONE WITH KILNSEY

SD9767 Renard Close Laithe, 450m to the SW 1301-/23/10002 of Kilnsey village

II

Field barn. 1661 with later alterations. Coursed rubble stone with stone dressings and a stone slate roof T-plan. Quoins. North-east gable wall has single loft opening on the upper floor. North-west front has a single blocked doorway with chamfered ashlar surround and lintel inscribed "GW 1661". South-west gable front has a central window flanked by single doorways with chamfered ashlar surrounds, and in the gable apex an owl hole. South-east front has a doorway with a chamfered ashlar surround, and to the left a loft opening. This is a well preserved example of a mid-C17 vernacular field barn.

Listing NGR: SD9712667468

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
382306
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16507/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tim Nichols. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].