MINT CHAMBERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251660

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1951

Statutory Address: MINT CHAMBERS, 54, HIGH STREET

Statutory Address: MINT CHAMBERS, 54, THE MINT

Map

Ordnance survey map of MINT CHAMBERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251660 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 11:25:01.

Location

Statutory Address: MINT CHAMBERS, 54, HIGH STREET

Statutory Address: MINT CHAMBERS, 54, THE MINT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Rother (District Authority)

Parish: Rye

National Grid Reference: TQ 91886 20301

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1578 HIGH STREET THE MINT (North Side)

No 54 (Mint Chambers) TQ 9120 1/73 12.10.51.

II GV

2. C16 house built partly on the mediaeval wall, which is visible at the rear. It is now fronted with plaster, grooved in imitation of mansonry but is presumably timber framed underneath this covering. 3 storeys, 2 windows. The second storey, which consists of 2 gables with moulded C17 bargeboards overhangs on curved brackets, though the overhang is now covered with plaster. Casement windows in the gables. C18 sash windows on the first floor. The curved cornices to C18 shop windows survive on each side of the door but the windows themselves have been replaced by smaller flat sash windows and the house is not now used as a shop. Doorway in fluted frame. The house bears a plaque with the date 1728 when, presumably, the front was altered. To the south west is a modern red brick addition of one window.

Nos 50 to 55 (consec) form a group.



Listing NGR: TQ9188620301

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434409

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing