DUKES HILL COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251702

Date first listed: 20-Apr-1979

Statutory Address: DUKES HILL COTTAGE, WHIT MOOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DUKES HILL COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251702 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 07:03:35.

Location

Statutory Address: DUKES HILL COTTAGE, WHIT MOOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Thruscross

National Grid Reference: SE 13412 58310

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 15 NW THRUSCROSS WHIT MOOR ROAD SE 1341 5831 (west side, off) Bramley Head 12/172 Dukes Hill Cottage 20.4.79

- II

House and barn. Dated 1765. For Stephen Hudson. Coursed squared gritstone and ashlar, graduated stone slate roof. Direct-entry plan, 2-storey, 2-bay main range with rear outshut, added bay to right; barn to left of 4 bays. Main range: ashlar plinth, sill bands and rusticated quoins. Central 4- panel door in eared architrave with pulvinated frieze and corniced pediment with inscription on plaque above: 'Stephen Hudson / built / this house / 1765'. Venetian-style windows with keyed ashlar surrounds, both floors; original glazing bars survive in part. Stone gutter brackets; corniced end stacks, that to left external. Added bay: board door left; a stepped 3- light flat-faced mullion window to each floor on right; shaped kneeler and gable coping right. Barn: cart entrance to bay 2 with quoined surround and shallow segmental arch. Byre doors left and right: quoined jambs and deep lintels. Shaped kneeler and gable coping left. Interior, main range: direct entry into kitchen which has fireplace with large stone surround and keystone with fluted decoration. Right: parlour with small fireplace in moulded stone surround with cornice. Rear: left: small room with large blocked fireplace against rear wall, possibly the remains of a pre-1765 building; centre: stone stairs boxed in wood; right: small room with stone shelf in rear outshut. Upper floor: left: small fireplace with corniced mantelshelf; unheated room to right. Derelict at time of resurvey.

Listing NGR: SE1341258310

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434483

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing