SIX MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 8 AND 14 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251716

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: SIX MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 8 AND 14 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of SIX MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 8 AND 14 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251716 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 10:30:11.

Location

Statutory Address: SIX MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 8 AND 14 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Keevil

National Grid Reference: ST 91765 57964

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KEEVIL MAIN STREET ST 95 NW (south side) 7/140 Six monuments in the churchyard between 8 and 14 metres south of Church of St Leonard GV II

Six chest tombs. C18 and early C19. Limestone. West of group to Alice Porter died 1828, has raised panels, scrolled decoration and heavy top with pediments and acroteria. Pair of similar tombs next east to Watts and Bartlett families; reeded quarter shafts to corners, grooved panels and fluted friezes, shallow weathered tops. Tomb to south is to Burridge family and dated 1788; three fielded panels to south side, oval panel to north, quarter balusters, fluted frieze and flat top. Two tombs to north east to Watts and Bartlett families; John Watts died 1800; 2-panelled, floral carving quarter balusters and fluted frieze to weathered top. Bartlett tomb to James died 1822; 2-panelled, low-relief carved urn, fluted frieze.

Listing NGR: ST9176557964

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434187

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing