ROSEHILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251723

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1989

Statutory Address: ROSEHILL, WEST HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROSEHILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251723 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 23:11:33.

Location

Statutory Address: ROSEHILL, WEST HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: East Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Budleigh Salterton

National Grid Reference: SY 05719 82015

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUDLEIGH SALTERTON WEST HILL SY 08 SE 3/35 Rosehill

II

House. Circa mid C19 with extension of circa 1860. Stuccoed, probably stone rubble. Slate roof, the gable ends with ornate pierced bargeboards with tall wooden finial and pendants. Stuccoed stacks with moulded capitals and yellow clay pots. Plan: The right hand (east) range appears to be the original house with a central entrance to either side of which is a principal room and possibly rooms behind. It appears that a little later in the C19 the house was extended by the addition of a projecting crosswing at the left (west) end, a single storey bay window built in the angle and a verandah built across the front of the original house and returned around the right hand (east) end. There is a later single storey extension on the left hand side of the crosswing. The circa 1860 remodelling and extension are in a picturesque Gothic and Italianate style. Exterior: 2 storeys. 1:3 bay south front. The symmetrical right hand 3 bays are probably the original house which has sash windows without glazing bars and bracketed sills, the central first floor window is round-headed and has margin glazing bars, ground floor left a large bay window with sashes and across the front a glass-roof verandah on pieced posts continues with a curved corner onto the right hand side elevation. At the centre the front doorway has a rectangular overlight. To the left of the front the gabled cross-wing projects. It has a tripartite sash window at the front on both floors with panelled pilasters, the first floor with round headed lights with key blocks. To the left of the crosswing a single storey flat-roof extension with a tripartite sash on the front. The right hand (east) elevation was not inspected but the verandah continues from the front. The rear elevation was not inspected. Interior not inspected but might contain interesting C19 features.

Listing NGR: SY0571982015

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 87598

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing