YATES HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251743

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: YATES HOUSE, FOLDSHAW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of YATES HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251743 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 02:18:11.

Location

Statutory Address: YATES HOUSE, FOLDSHAW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Thornthwaite with Padside

National Grid Reference: SE 15265 59966

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DACRE FOLDSHAW LANE SE 15 NE (west side, off)

13/156 Yates House 6.3.67 - II

Listed under Thornthwaite with Padside parish.





THORNTHWAITE WITH PADSIDE FOLDSHAW LANE SE 15 NE (west side, off)

Yates House

- II

House and flanking barns, now one house. House early - mid C18, flanking barns dated (left) 1843 and (right) 1840. Restoration and conversion c1985. Coursed squared gritstone, stone slate roof. House: 2 storeys, 3 bays. Stressed quoins. Central half-glazed 4-panel door in architrave with pulvinated frieze and corniced pediment. Flanking windows, ground and first floor: 4-light with flat-faced mullions in stone surrounds. Semicircular headed window first floor centre with keystone and imposts. Projecting bands at sill and lintel level. Kneeler and gable coping right; end corniced stacks. Barn (now part of house) to left - 1 bay; small cart entrance with datestone above '1843' and window c1985 above. Kneeler and gable coping to left. 2-storey stable with granary over, now part of house, recessed to left: external stone steps to first-floor door with tie stones. To right of house: former barn has cart-entry with flat arch of splayed voussoirs and datestone 1840 above; fenestration c1985. Formerly listed under Dacre parish.

Listing NGR: SE1526559966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434467

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing