THE COACH HOUSE, STABLES, GROOMS HOUSE AND LINKING GARDEN WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251796

Date first listed: 29-Aug-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: THE COACH HOUSE, STABLES, GROOMS HOUSE AND LINKING GARDEN WALLS

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COACH HOUSE, STABLES, GROOMS HOUSE AND LINKING GARDEN WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251796 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:42:38.

Location

Statutory Address: THE COACH HOUSE, STABLES, GROOMS HOUSE AND LINKING GARDEN WALLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Charlton Musgrove

National Grid Reference: ST 72658 30298

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for: CHARLTON MUSGROVE CP ST73SW 6/224 The Old Coach House, stables, grooms house and linking garden walls

II The address should be amended to read:

ST73SW CHARLTON MUSGROVE CP 6/224 The Coach House, Stables, Grooms House and linking garden walls

II

------------------------------------

CHARLTON MUSGROVE CP ST73SW

6/224 The Old Coach House, stables, groom's house and linking garden walls

II

Coach House. Dated 1806. Local stone rubble with ashlar dressings; plain clay tiled roof. "T"-plan, single storey with attics, 4 bays irregular fenestration. On West elevation central projecting gable with "Y"-tracery window to first floor, and above plain oval plaque inscribed: "T L 1806"; otherwise C20 casements with traceried glazing bars. 10 metres West, linked by walling, the matching 2-storey groom's house, one room each floor, small side (enclosed) staircase; small C20 lean-to addition to North 12 metres North West of house the stables to match, single storey, 6 bays with semi-circular "Y"-tracery windows bays 1 and 6, segmental arched doorways bays 2 and 5, modern casement windows bays 3 and 4. Linking walls of rubble with flat stone copings, average 3 metres high enclosing stable yard, kitchen garden and fruit garden, where the walls are 4 metres high and brick-lined on the inside. A complete and attractive servants and kitchen garden complex to the former Charlton Musgrove Rectory, erected 1806 by the Leir family, who held the living of the Church for about 200 years: the Rectory destroyed by fire cl940.

Listing NGR: ST7265830298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 434607

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing