GRUNDY'S COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251874
Date first listed:
07-Dec-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
GRUNDY'S COURT, 1 AND 3, PROSPECT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRUNDY'S COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251874 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 21:18:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
GRUNDY'S COURT, 1 AND 3, PROSPECT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Horncastle
National Grid Reference:
TF 25714 69694

Details

TF 2569 HORNCASTLE PROSPECT STREET (north side)

6/78 Nos. 1 and 3 7.12.66 (Grundy's Court) (Formerly listed as No 1a and No 2 G.V. II Grundy's Court)

3 shops, now 2 houses. Late C18, 1810, C20. Red brick, some colourwash and some colourwashed render. Pantile roof with stone coped gables and gable stacks. 3 storey, 5 bay front with ground floor shop fronts of 1810. Central doorway to through passage with semi-circular headed doorway. Doorway to left with flanking reeded pilasters, blind overlight and C20 ornate panelled door. 2 light flush shop window to right flanked by reeded pilasters. Small C20 casement set high up in blind panel, to right. to the right of the through passage, a flush 2 light shop window with flanking pilasters. Blocked doorway beyond with flanking pilasters and overlight. Flush, 2 light shop window to right flanked by plasters with doorway beyond with pilasters, overlight and panelled door. Continuous moulded entablature runs full length of 2 shop fronts with date '1810' inscribed above through passage doorway. 3 glazing bar sashes above to the left, with 2 fixed C20 plate windows to the right, all with wedge lintels and segmental heads. Above, 2 plain sashes with wedge lintels and segmental heads, on each side of a semi-circular stucco niche with flaming urn.

Listing NGR: TF2571469694

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
434553
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16382/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].