BAPTIST CHAPEL, NOW SALVATION ARMY HEADQUARTERS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252003
Date first listed:
25-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
BAPTIST CHAPEL, NOW SALVATION ARMY HEADQUARTERS, THE WONG

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAPTIST CHAPEL, NOW SALVATION ARMY HEADQUARTERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252003 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 15:30:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
BAPTIST CHAPEL, NOW SALVATION ARMY HEADQUARTERS, THE WONG

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Horncastle
National Grid Reference:
TF 25865 69326

Details

TF 2569 HORNCASTLE THE WONG (west side)

6/118 Baptist Chapel, now Salvation Army Headquarters

II

Baptist chapel, now Salvation Army headquarters. 1767, 1843, C20 Red brick, chequered with some yellow brick, painted ashlar dressings. Corrugated iron roof. 2 storey, single bay east front raised in chequered brick in 1843. Quoins. Central doorway with moulded wooden doorcase, entablature and double, partially glazed, doors. Small C20 casement to right. Notice board to left. Ashlar second floor band and ashlar blind oculus in gable, blocked with brick. 2 bay south side extended to west and raised in 1843. 2 glazing bar sashes with ashlar keystones and segmental heads. 2 glazing bar sashes above, both with segmental heads. 2 bay north side extended to west and raised in 1843. 2 glazing bar sashes with ashlar keystones and segmental heads. To right a plain doorway with rendered lintel, segmental head and plank door. 2 glazing bar sashes with segmental heads, above. 2 weathered gravestones attached to wall, to left.

Listing NGR: TF2586569326

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
434921
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/04062/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Scarbro. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].