UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND 2 ATTACHED HOUSES TO EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1252005

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1989

Statutory Address: UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND 2 ATTACHED HOUSES TO EAST, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND 2 ATTACHED HOUSES TO EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252005 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 19:46:55.

Location

Statutory Address: UNITED REFORMED CHURCH AND 2 ATTACHED HOUSES TO EAST, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Copeland (District Authority)

Parish: Bootle

National Park: LAKE DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SD 10776 88176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:-

BOOTLE CHAPEL LANE SD 18 NW (south side) 12/15 United Reformed Church and 2 attached houses to east GV II The grade shall be amended to II* (star).

---------------------------------------------

BOOTLE CHAPEL LANE SD 18 NW (south side) 12/5 United Reformed Church and 2 attached houses to east II Church and 2 houses. Church founded 1780, houses dated 1780 and 1808. Roughcast stone, the chapel stucco, slate roof hipped to east end. Top cornice, chapel has moulded plinth and reeded pilaster strips. East elevation of 3 bays. Windows have stucco surrounds, those to gallery round-headed, fixed small-paned glazing. Central entrance has 4-panel door, and stone recording foundation by Joseph Whitridge above. North elevation has 3 round-headed windows, the 1st blind but with glazing bars, to chapel, houses of 2 storeys and 3 plus 2 bays. Windows have stucco surrounds and are sashed, house to left, glazing bars, house to right vertical glazing bars and horns, some crown glass panes. Entrance to 2nd bay has 6-fielded panel door and heart-shaped datestone inscribed: "JW/1780"; entrance to 4th bay has datestone inscribed: "IA/1808". 2 cross-axial stacks and gable-end stack. Rear has C20 hall, not of interest, to chapel, which has 2 round-headed windows, round-headed stair window to house. Chapel has headstone of founder (died 1793) and family to north elevation; 2 ornate headstones to east elevation, 1808 and 1822.



Listing NGR: SD1077688176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 76305

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing