GARDEN HOUSE, WALL AND ATTACHED GATE PIER AT PAPILLON HALL FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252088
Date first listed:
07-Sep-1995
Statutory Address:
GARDEN HOUSE, WALL AND ATTACHED GATE PIER AT PAPILLON HALL FARM, A427

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARDEN HOUSE, WALL AND ATTACHED GATE PIER AT PAPILLON HALL FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252088 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2019 at 09:39:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
GARDEN HOUSE, WALL AND ATTACHED GATE PIER AT PAPILLON HALL FARM, A427

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Lubenham
National Grid Reference:
SP 68921 86828

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/02/2013

SP 68 NE 4/10001

LUBENHAM A427 (north side) Garden house, wall and attached gate pier at Papillon Hall Farm

II

Garden house, wall and gate pier. 1902-04. By Sir Edwin Lutyens. Red brick and ashlar with plain tile roofs. Single storey, circular plan. Built on 4 square stone piers with a curved brick rear wall linking 2 of these piers, the 3 other sides remain open. Beyond the 2 front piers are single piers on either side linked by a wooden beam and surmounted by a ball finial. Plain tile conical roof Attached at rear to high red brick garden wall which to right has a single square rusticated ashlar gate pier with moulded top. Originally built as part of the garden to Papillon Hall. Papillon Hall was demolished in 1950.



Listing NGR: SP6892186828

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435037
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/05912/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Weston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].