LOWER LANA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252213
Date first listed:
09-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
LOWER LANA FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER LANA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252213 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 00:54:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOWER LANA FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Tetcott
National Grid Reference:
SX 34165 96295

Details

SX 39 NW TETCOTT

2/55 Lower Lana Farmhouse

-

GV II

Farmhouse. 1857 datestone for the Tetcott Estate. Garden wall bond brick with chamfered granite rusticated quoins and a stone plinth, hipped slate roof, brick stacks. The farmhouse was probably built re-using bricks from the Tetcott Manor house of circa 1700 which was dismantled. Double depth plan with an entrance on the side, typical of the Tetcott Estate farms, and a 2-storey contemporary lean-to on the left return of the main range at the rear. 2 storeys. 2-bay garden front with sash windows, the first floor sashes are 4 panes over 4 panes. Flat brick arches and keystones. Ground floor sashes are tripartite with 6 over 4 panes. The windows have flat brick arches with keystones below stone dripledge carried on stone brackets. The front door on the right return has a flat slate canopy carried on curly granite brackets, contemporary front door with rectan- gular fanlight and the characteristic diamond glazing bars of the Estate farmhouses. Interior not inspected but contemporary joinery may survive. The reuse of early brick is an attractive feature of the house. A contemporary barn and shippon range in the farmyard is also of reused early brick and the 2 buildings form an unusual group.

Listing NGR: SX3416596295

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435114
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].