SEXTON'S COTTAGE TO WEST OF CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252291
Date first listed:
09-Apr-1954
Statutory Address:
SEXTON'S COTTAGE TO WEST OF CHURCH, ST JOHN'S CHURCHYARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SEXTON'S COTTAGE TO WEST OF CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252291.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2019 at 10:23:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
SEXTON'S COTTAGE TO WEST OF CHURCH, ST JOHN'S CHURCHYARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Devizes
National Grid Reference:
SU 00395 61242

Details

1. 1042 ST JOHN'S CHURCHYARD

Sexton's Cottage to the West of Church SU 0061 3a/54 9.4.54. ST 9961 1/54

II

2. C17. 2 storeys. Coursed dressed stone. Stone tile roof. Flanking brick chimneys. 2 gabled half dormers each with 3-light moulded stone mullioned leaded casement on 1st floor. On ground floor two 2-light similar casements under upper windows and central gabled porch with stone tiled roof and flat arched entry with pair of wood gates, solid bottom panels and upper part barred. Inside porch are seats each side and inner ledged door. End gables and dormers have bargeboards with spaced reel ornament on edge. One gable formerly had wrought iron lamp bracket.

Listing NGR: SU0039561242

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435239
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/03626/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M Reed. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].