STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 20 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252328
Date first listed:
14-Feb-1958
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 20 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 20 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252328 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 02:23:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 20 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Tetcott
National Grid Reference:
SX 33168 96525

Details

SX 39 NW TETCOTT TETCOTT

2/64 Stable block about 20w south of 14.2.58 Tetcott Manor (formerly listed as Garage, stable and office building GV at Tetcott Manor)

II

Stable block, partly converted for use as a garage and office. Possibly late C18 or earlier, re-using brick and quoins from a circa 1700 house which no longer exists. Flemish bond brick with rusticated granite quoins and a hipped scantle slate roof. Square on plan with the office in an adjoining lean-to. The original plan was probably stables with a tack room over, one of the stables has been converted to a garage. 2 storeys. Each side has 2 first floor 2-light windows, mostly retaining old square- leaded panes. 2 stable doors on the south side, 1 stable door and a C20 garage door on the east side. The north side, facing the south elevation of Tetcott Manor has a 2-light C19 casement under a segmental brick arch and a C19 doorway under a similar arch to the right. The building formerly had a ball finial on the apex of the roof. The building is in a prominent position immediately in front of the garden to the south of Tetcott Manor and between the Manor and the Church.

Listing NGR: SX3316896525

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435312
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/13222/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].