LORINERS TRENTHAM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252389
Date first listed:
29-Dec-1966
Statutory Address:
LORINERS, HIGH STREET
Statutory Address:
TRENTHAM, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LORINERS
TRENTHAM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252389 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 17:05:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
LORINERS, HIGH STREET
Statutory Address:
TRENTHAM, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Shepway (District Authority)
Parish:
Elham
National Grid Reference:
TR 17686 43975

Details

TR 1643-1748 ELHAM HIGH STREET (East Side)

9/34 Loriners and Trentham 29.12.66 GV II

House pair. 1742. Almost chequered red and grey brick in Flemish bond. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys and attic on brick plinth. Plat band. Boxed eaves. Roof gabled to right and continuous with adjacent property to left. Brick gable-end stacks. Two small two-light dormers with hipped plain tile roofs. Regular six-window front; each house double-fronted with two tripartite sashes and central two-pane sash, all with segmental heads. Two similar tripartite sashes to centre of ground floor. Canted ground-floor bay window with flat corniced roof to outer end of each house. Door with four fielded panels, two top lights, segmental head and flat floating hood to centre of left section, to Loriners. Similar door, but with four flush panels, to centre of right section, to Trentham. Sun Insurance plaque to centre, with 1742 datestone under it. Short red and grey brick rear wing to right, set back from right gable end, with plain tile roof with lower eaves than main range. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TR1768743974

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435319
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Dec 2004
Reference: IOE01/13749/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr D Godden. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].