STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252404
Date first listed:
09-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252404.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 22:32:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF TETCOTT MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Tetcott
National Grid Reference:
SX 33179 96518

Details

SX 39 NW TETCOTT TETCOTT

2/66 Stable block about 40m south of - Tetcott Manor

GV II

Stable block with loft over. Circa 1700. Flemish bond brick with a corrugated iron roof gabled at ends, formerly slated. Rectangular plan with rear lean-to. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 4-window front with a platband on the front and a central entrance with a moulded doorframe under a segmental brick arch. 2-light cross mullion-transom windows of circa 1700 windows on either side of the doorway also under segmental brick arches, the glazing is probably C19 with 2 panes above the transoms and 4 panes below. Loft entrance under segmental brick arch in right gable end. Interior Loose boxes behind a colonnade of timber Tuscan columns with an entablature. The stable block is in a prominent position between the parish church and the present Tetcott House and may originally have been part of the brick buildings associated with circa 1700 house at Tetcott which no longer exists. It is an unusually complete example of early stables with an attractive area of pitched stone cobbles in front.

Listing NGR: SX3317696518

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435423
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/13222/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].