This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LOPPINGER FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LOPPINGER FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1252497

Location

LOPPINGER FARMHOUSE, COMMON HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Steeple Ashton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 435421

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STEEPLE ASHTON COMMON HILL ST 95 NW (off east side) 7/225 Loppinger Farmhouse II

D Farmhouse. Datestone on stack inscribed J D/1797. English garden wall bond brick with stone dressings, stone slate hipped roof with axial brick stack. Baffle entry. L-plan. Two-storey, 2-window. Four-panelled door with gabled canopy with 3-light casement to right and 3-light and 2-light casement to left. Plat band to first floor; two 3-light casements, lozenge diaper in vitrified headers over doorway. Left return has 2-light casement to right and blocked doorway with flanking 2-light segmental-headed casements to wing, three 2-light first floor casements. Rear of main range has added outshut, 1940s two-storey extension to rear of wing. Interior has chamfered beams, blocked open fireplace, 4-panelled doors. Farm acquired by the Dunsdon family in 1698, rebuilt by John Dunsdon 1797.

Listing NGR: ST9023857807

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 90238 57807

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252497 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2018 at 05:38:00.

End of official listing