STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ADJOINING SOUTH EAST OF STABLES WITH LOFT AND HORSE ENGINE HOUSE AT CROSS HOUSE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252535
Date first listed:
06-Apr-1993
Statutory Address:
STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ADJOINING SOUTH EAST OF STABLES WITH LOFT AND HORSE ENGINE HOUSE AT CROSS HOUSE FARM, NORMANS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ADJOINING SOUTH EAST OF STABLES WITH LOFT AND HORSE ENGINE HOUSE AT CROSS HOUSE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252535 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 00:33:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ADJOINING SOUTH EAST OF STABLES WITH LOFT AND HORSE ENGINE HOUSE AT CROSS HOUSE FARM, NORMANS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
North Creake
National Grid Reference:
TF 85442 38488

Details

TF 83 NE NORTH CREAKE NORMANS LANE

Stables and coach house 5/10002 adjoining SE of stables with loft and horse-engine house at Cross House Farm

GV II

Stables and coachhouse. Dated 1873. Flemish bond red brick; rear wall of flint nodules with red brick quoins and stringcourse. Gable-ended pantile roof. Rectangular plan range of 3 stables with coach house between the left and centre stables, and with oft above. 2 storeys. Asymmetrical east front. Segmental brick arch coach house doorway to left of centre with boarded double doors and loft loading door above over which is tablet inscribed "S 1873" in gable. On ground floor 3 stable doorways with plank door and small windows to sides. To right of coach house doorway an external brick staircase to loft door, with dog-kennel under stairs. All doors plank and all openings have segmental arches. Interior: not inspected.

Note: These were one of the stables of Cross House which was demolished in circa mid C20. It is part of Cross House Farm, one of 3 farms on Earl Spencer's 3,000 acre North Creake estate.

Listing NGR: TF8544238488

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
359842
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].