CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252562
Date first listed:
23-May-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252562.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2019 at 23:51:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
North Warwickshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Polesworth
National Grid Reference:
SK 28228 03587

Details

P0LESWORTH CHURCH ROAD SK20SE (South-east side)

Warton 5/82 Church of the Holy Trinity - ll

Church. c.1830. Sandstone ashlar. Plain-tile roof has coped gable parapets with kneelers. Chancel, nave and west parch, and north vestry. Simple Gothic Revival lancet style. l-bay chancel, 5-bay nave. Splay plinth and cornice, and buttresses of offsets. Very shallow chancel has diagonal buttresses. 3 stepped lancets. openings have hood moulds throughout, Nave has angle and side buttresses. Porch has chamfered doorway and double-leaf doors. Trefoil windows to north and south. West front has 2 small lancets and rebuilt bellcote. Vestry has 4-centred arched north doorway. Straight-headed west window, Interior is plastered. Plaster chancel arch of one continuous chamfered order, Nave has chamfered queen post roof. Fittings: reredos has Creed scroll, an open book, and double round-arched Commandments board. Arcaded altar rails and blind arcaded pulpit. (VCH: Warwickshire: Vol IV, pl86)

Listing NGR: SK2822803587

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435563
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1947), 186

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/03395/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alfred John Dyson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].