BARN APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252609
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, OLD HOLLINS HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252609.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 18:11:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, OLD HOLLINS HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 18601 40942

Details

AIREBOROUGH OLD HOLLINS HILL SE 14 SE LS 20 (east side, off) Guiseley 4/67 Barn, approx. 30 metres - south-west of Manor Farmhouse GV II

Barn. Dated 1720 on lintel of former door. Coursed squared sandstone, stone slate roof. Five bays with front aisles making U-plan. Central wagon entrance recessed between aisles has timber lintel; front walls of aisles have former doorways, that on the left altered as a window, the lintel inscribed " M , that on the right blocked; inserted double doors to the right. W A 1720"

Interior: kingpost roof trusses with Y-struts; timber aisle posts with bracing to aisle plates and to tie-beans of roof trusses. The initials are those of William and Alice Myers, married 1700.

Listing NGR: SE1860140942

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433677
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/09873/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steven Hughes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].