CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1252629
Date first listed:
09-Feb-1961
Date of most recent amendment:
31-May-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, POOLBRIDGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252629 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 05:35:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, POOLBRIDGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Sedgemoor (District Authority)
Parish:
Wedmore
National Grid Reference:
ST 40881 47759

Details

ST44NW 10/145

WEDMORE CP Blackford CHURCH STREET (North side) Church Of The Holy Trinity

9.2.61

GV II Church. Dated on a stone plaque 1823. By Richard Carver. Rendered and scribed as ashlar, freestone dressings, weathered string at plinth and first floor level, buttresses with offsets, moulded cornice, parapet with coping, hipped slate roof, at apex a central arcaded bell-cote, cupola with a C20 cruciform finial.

Octagonal on plain; a projecting wing at right-angles to each side, shallow chancel of 1914. Gothic Revival. Four-centred arch window opening to each face, Y-tracery, dripmould, simple leaded lights, coloured glass; pointed arch four-light east window, two simple stained glass panels. Central flat-roofed ashlar porch, angle buttresses, four centred arch opening at front and sides; door opening in a similar style, paired doors with tracery. Galleried interior with a ribbed plaster ceiling, dado panelling, C19 pews; C19 organ by Vowles of Bristol; mid C19 wall monument; octagonal font of 1895 with a cover.

Listing NGR: ST4088147759

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435638
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04543/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Michael Bass. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].