CHURCH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1252696

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, VICARAGE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252696 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 20:19:51.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, VICARAGE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Steeple Ashton

National Grid Reference: ST 90793 56968

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STEEPLE ASHTON VICARAGE LANE ST 9056 (north side) 13/276 Church House GV II

Part of rectory, now semi-detached house. 1828 extension to rectory (Old Parsonage q.v.) by H. Harrison. Bath stone cut and laid as Flemish bond brick, Welsh slate roof, brick stacks. Two- storey, 2-wihdow gable end entrance front. Square porch with buttresses and shallow Tudor-arched openings on two sides to right, glazed doors with interlaced tracery in moulded Tudor-arched inner doorway, plain parapet to flat roof, cross window to first floor over, canted bay with 3-light mullioned and transomed casement to left, 3-light mullioned and transomed window with hoodmould to first floor, string course to steep pedimented gable, concealing roof of shallower pitch. Left return has canted bay to left, two cross windows to right and three to first floor; all with hoodmoulds. Rear gable end has similar windows, C20 door. Interior retains original 1828 fittings, stairs with stick balusters and continuous handrail, 6-panelled doors in moulded architraves, fireplaces. (Diocesan Records, Trowbridge)

Listing NGR: ST9079356968

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 435738

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing