LOWER GREEN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1252803

Date first listed: 03-May-1994

Statutory Address: LOWER GREEN FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER GREEN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252803 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 19:55:02.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER GREEN FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)

Parish: Onecote

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SK 04505 58646

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 05 NW ONECOTE -

51- /3/10000 Lower Green Fannhouse.

II

Fannhouse. Dated 1773,with C20 alterations and additions. Coursed squared rubble sandstone with ashlar dressings,advanced quoins,coped gables,and ashlar gable stacks without pots. Double-depth plan with central entry passage. South elevation; 2 storeys with attics,3 bays,with a symmetrical front.Quoined surround to central doorway, now with C20 door with integral fanlight, below shallow overlight. Flanking the doorway are stacked former 3-light flush-mullioned windows,within quoined surrounds and below shallow lintels which form parts of band courses at window head level. Above the door lintel is set a square plaque,with the inscription 'D. I. E. 1773'. Above that, there is a glazed oculus within a raised surround. The mullions have been replaced by C20 painted wooden frames with top-hung lights. Gables have single- light attic windows. Rear elevation with 4-stage single light stair window within a quoined surround to the centre, flanked by stacked former 2-light flush-mullioned windows,and ,set off-centre,a quoined rear doorway enclosed by small lean-to C20 glazed porch. Interior with C18 2-panel doors set within pegged door frames,winder stair with diagonally-set intersecting balusters,and stone stairs to cellar. An example of little altered vernacular farmhouse of the late C18,which retains its original plan form and much of its fine architectural detail.

Listing NGR: SK0450558646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 435923

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing