ROADSIDE CROSS AT NGR ST 4248 4966

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1252914
Date first listed:
09-Feb-1961
Statutory Address:
ROADSIDE CROSS AT NGR ST 4248 4966

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROADSIDE CROSS AT NGR ST 4248 4966
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1252914.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2019 at 17:11:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROADSIDE CROSS AT NGR ST 4248 4966

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Sedgemoor (District Authority)
Parish:
Wedmore
National Grid Reference:
ST 42478 49658

Details

ST44NW WEDMORE CP ST 1248 4966 STOUGHTON CROSS

10/213 Roadside cross at NGR ST 4248 4966

9.2.61 GV II*

Roadside cross. C15. Dressed stone. Base of 3 square steps, square socket with shallow angular broachs, tapering polygonal shaft with iron reinforcement; base of the cross, remainder missing. (Pooley, Old Crosses of Soamerset, 1871).

Listing NGR: ST4247849658

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436025
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pooley, C, An Historical and Descriptive Account of the Old Stone Crosses of Somerset, (1877)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04962/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Michael Bass. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].