BLACKDOWN MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253007
Date first listed:
15-May-1995
Statutory Address:
BLACKDOWN MANOR, KENILWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLACKDOWN MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253007.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 23:33:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
BLACKDOWN MANOR, KENILWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Warwick (District Authority)
Parish:
Blackdown
National Grid Reference:
SP 30970 69542

Details

BLACKDOWN SP36NW KENILWORTH ROAD 1827-0/11/10005 Blackdown Manor

II

House. Circa early C17, remodelled circa early to mid C19. Timber-framed, largely rebuilt in sandstone ashlar. Low-pitched slate roofs with deep eaves and verges. Rendered axial stack and stone gable-end stack. PLAN: L-shaped on plan. The south west wing with a gable-end stack has remains of C17 timber-framing; it contains the kitchen and entrance stairhall. The north east wing, comprising dining room and drawing room with an axial stack between, appears to have been almost entirely rebuilt in circa 1830's when the house was remodelled. EXTERIOR: 1 storey and attic. Asymmetrical elevations. The south east front: projecting gable-ended wing on right with C19 16-pane sashes on first floor and attic, ground floor C20 canted bay; wing on left with 16-pane sash on ground floor and 2-light casement above, doorway in the angle with later C19 sandstone porch. North east side: two bays, slightly advanced gable on right, 12-pane sashes, ground floor garden doors, that on left has pilastered case, glazed and panelled door and overlight with intersecting glazing bars. The rear, NW, elevation has 2 and 3-light casements with glazing bars, first floor right C20 replacement, ground floor left two narrow sashaes on either side of rendered lateral stack. INTEIOR: Kitchen and chamber above have chamfered cross-beams, exposed joists and exposed storey-posts. Drawing room and chamber above have chamfered ceiling beams and drawing room has large brick fireplace with unchamfered timber lintel. The roof structure is C19. Interior joinery is largely early-mid C19 and includes panelled doors and window shutters. Dining room ceiling has reeded border. Circa late C18 corner cupboard with fielded-panel doors. Staircase replaced in C20.



Listing NGR: SP3097069542

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436129
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].