HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253012
Date first listed:
02-Sep-1952
Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, TWICKENHAM GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253012 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 10:23:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, TWICKENHAM GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 15366 72894

Details

1. 5028 TWICKENHAM GREEN

Holy Trinity Church TQ 1572 17/8 2.9.52

II

2. 1840-41. George Basevi. Simple greyish-cream brick with stone dressings. Graduated slate roof; Early English, decorated and perpendicular. Nave of 5 bays, without any clerestory. Aisles have 3 light, 4 centred windows. Transepts have 3-light windows with intersecting tracery and prominent, diagonally set, buttresses, canted apse to east end, with gables over the facet and single light windows below. Buttresses between west end 3 lancets with central door below, its gable breaking upwards into window above. To north-west a 3-stage tower with octagonal stair turret crevelations, and square headed windows with dripstones to upper storey, above clock.

Listing NGR: TQ1536672894

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436134
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/04672/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Hardy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].