This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BISHOP DUPPA'S ALMSHOUSES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BISHOP DUPPA'S ALMSHOUSES

List entry Number: 1253024

Location

BISHOP DUPPA'S ALMSHOUSES, THE VINEYARD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Richmond upon Thames

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1950

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 436157

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5028 THE VINEYARD (north-east side)

Bishop Duppa's Almshouses TQ 1874 24/27 10.1.50

II

2. 1850 by Thomas Little. Founded in 1651 and rebuilt on this location. Jacobean style in grey brick and stone. Five houses on either side of a central archway leading to garden at back. Most of left side restored following bomb damage. Square headed windows, with recessed mullions 2-light to first floor, 3-light to ground floor. Cornices above ground floor and first floor. Parapet conceals roof. Stone strapwork finials at intervals along parapet. Central gate arched, with rusticate head; flanked by applied rusticated Doric half columns, and surmounted by pediment on inverted consoles, bearing inscription. Prominent chimneys, with sharp angles to road.

Listing NGR: TQ1804674611

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 18047 74608

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253024 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 04:26:37.

End of official listing