PILLAR FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF HAYES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253062
Date first listed:
28-Apr-1993
Statutory Address:
PILLAR FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF HAYES FARMHOUSE, BANTONS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PILLAR FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF HAYES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253062 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 21:17:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
PILLAR FOUNTAIN 30 METRES EAST OF HAYES FARMHOUSE, BANTONS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
South Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Ticknall
National Grid Reference:
SK3548123943

Details

TICKNALL BANTONS LANE SK 32 SE 1259-/4/10005 Pillar Fountain 30 metres east of Hayes Farmhouse GV II

Pillar fountain. Manufactured by Glenfield and Kennedy Ltd of Kilmarnock. Erected 1914 at the instruction of Sir Vauncey Harpur-Crewe of Calke Abbey. Fluted cast iron cylindrical column, with moulded domed top, incorporating tap lever handle, Lion mask surround to tap outlet, and integral bucket platform to base. The design, apparently of the late C19 date is referred to as Kennedy's patent, selfclosing, anti-freezing Pillar fountain. The fountain forms part of a fresh water supply system for the village of Ticknall, (itself part of the Harpur-Crewe estate), of which 16 other examples (q.v.) survive. The fountains were served by gravity from a reservoir filled with water drawn from a well by wind-pump.



Listing NGR: SK3548123943

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
352053
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/00199/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Thomas Bates. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].