BLACKLAND PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253097

Date first listed: 31-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: BLACKLAND PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLACKLAND PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253097 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 11:44:22.

Location

Statutory Address: BLACKLAND PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Calne Without

National Grid Reference: SU 01214 69405

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 06 NW CALNE WITHOUT BLACKLAND

6/7 Blackland Park



GV II

Country House, later C18, ashlar with hipped slate valley roof and two square ashlar stacks in valley. Three storeys and attic, 5- window range formal north and south fronts with raised plinth, rusticated quoins, moulded bracket cornice and parapet. Even south front with windows in moulded architraves, 9-pane to second floor, 12-pane to first foor, centre window 15-pane and 15-pane to ground floor. Centre door in similar architrave in C19 Roman Doric 2- column porch with pilasters responds, triglyph frieze and cornice. North front has centre bay projected with pediment and lunette over first floor Venetian window. Ground floor has C19 seven-bay projection with pedimented Roman Doric centre with attached columns paired with piers framing double doots in moulded surround. Three arched windows each side with moulded imposts and keystones, Doric cornice without frieze, panels below windows. Plain side elevations, west side C19 timber curved-ended conservatory with pointed curved roof. To east a coped red brick wall encloses single storey outbuildings. North side stone doorcase with 6-panel door. Interior: staircase with twisted wood balusters and moulded tread brackets, upper part rebuilt in C20 after a fire. Moulded cornices to ground floor rooms and some orginal fireplaces. Said to have been built in late C18 for Maundrell family, and owned subsequently by J. Merewether, Mr. Tanner, and c1859 by Mr. Marshall Hall who enlarged it. (A.E.W. Marsh, A history of the borough and town of Calne, 1903, 272-6)

Listing NGR: SU0121469405

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436225

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Marsh, A E W, A History of the Borough and Town of Calne, (1903), 272-6

End of official listing