Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of UKRANIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253136.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2019 at 23:24:27.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

North Lincolnshire (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 90245 11313



1109-/2/10002 HIGH STREET EAST Ukranian Catholic Church


Former court house, now Ukranian Catholic church. 1895. Designed by the County Surveyor, James Thropp. Red brick with Ancaster stone dressings, and Welsh slate roofs. A single and a double tall, brick, octagonal, ridge stacks. Curved Dutch gables with ashlar coping and kneelers. Double chamfered brick plinth. U-plan. Street front has recessed centre, with 3 round arched ashlar doorways, each moulded arch has rusticated voussoirs and keystones linked to truncated Ionic pilasters to the ashlar entablature above. Each doorway has a double 8-panel door and glazed fanlight. Above a central plaque dated 1895 to the brick parapet with ashlar coping, a small central gable and ball finials. Eitherside are low single storey wings, that to the left smaller with 2 plain sashes and that to the right with 3 plain sashes, both with linking moulded hood band, and above a small fixed light. North-west front has a tall gable to the right with a large 6-light cross mullion window with hood mould, and above a 2-light mullion window. To the left a low wing with a single and a 4-light mullion window with plain sashes. South-east front is similar, but with only a 4-light mullion window to the low wing. Interior. Former court room retains its original wooden roof with exposed trusses supported on ashlar corbels. Panelled wooden dado and classical wooden doorcases with 6-panel doors. It also contains late C19 wooden pews inserted when converted to a church.

Listing NGR: SE9024511313


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04185/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Janet Tierney. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].