MONUMENT TO THOMAS AND MARY CUNDY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253149
Date first listed:
25-May-1983
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Oct-1983
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THOMAS AND MARY CUNDY, VINEYARD PASSAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO THOMAS AND MARY CUNDY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253149.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 09:27:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THOMAS AND MARY CUNDY, VINEYARD PASSAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 18071 74771

Details

In the entry for VINEYARD PASSAGE 24/21 Monument to Thomas Cumdy architect (The Elder)

The item shall be amended to read VINEYARD PASSAGE

Monument to Thomas and Mary Cundy

------------------------------------

1. 5028 VINEYARD PASSAGE

Monument to Thomas Cumdy architect (The Elder) TQ 1874 24/21

II

2. Early C19. A rectangular tomb with cruciform top slab, having formalised pediments and acroteria. Portland stone. Inscription: "The remains of Thomas Cumdy, Architect of Pimlico are deposited in this vault. He died on the 28th December 1825 in the sixty-first year of his age. Here also are deposited the remains of Mrs Mary Cumdy, wide of the above, she died on the 27th June 1802. Aged 66 years."

Listing NGR: TQ1807174771

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436164
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12096/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Jenni Le Roux. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].