WEST HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253185
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
WEST HALL, WEST HALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253185 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 07:52:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
WEST HALL, WEST HALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 19620 76614

Details

1. 5028 WEST HALL ROAD Kew

West Hall TQ 1976 10/18 25.10.51

II

2. Probably circa 1700. Two storeys and attics contained in a tall square hipped old tile roof. Main front of brick (covered with whitewash), 3 sashes, wide central Doric pillared doorcase with cornice with small brackets, semi-circular fanlight and glazed door. Band between storeys, coved plaster eaves cornice carried right round house, small central bell cupola at top of front face of roof with open sides and ogival lead roof. C19 tile cresting to verges and hips, and dormers with C19 bargeboards. Garden front plastered; 4 sashes, 2 of those on ground floor and door being C19. Extension on right has half-round 3-light sash window on ground floor, with canted sashed bay over supported on posts; flat lead roof above brought forward in front of low pitched hipped slate roof. Interior not seen.

Listing NGR: TQ1962076614

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436171
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/04740/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Hopkins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].