GATES PLINTHS AND RAILINGS AT TOP LODGE TO FORMER ASTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253189

Date first listed: 06-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: GATES PLINTHS AND RAILINGS AT TOP LODGE TO FORMER ASTON HALL, ASTON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATES PLINTHS AND RAILINGS AT TOP LODGE TO FORMER ASTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253189 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 15:06:38.

Location

Statutory Address: GATES PLINTHS AND RAILINGS AT TOP LODGE TO FORMER ASTON HALL, ASTON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Aston

National Grid Reference: SJ 55992 78245

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 57 NE, 3/51

ASTON BY SUTTON C.P., ASTON LANE, South Side Gates, plinths and railings at Top Lodge to former Aston Hall.

G.V.

II

Gates, plinths and railings at gate lodge (q.v.), probably 1790 s, attributed to Samuel Wyatt. 7 piers and plinths of sandstone; wrought-iron gates and railings. 2 piers left of Lodge; plinth in projecting semicircle in front of Lodge; double carriage gates and piers with foot-gate and pier to each side; damaged rail on plinth forms quadrant with end pier right of gates. Plinth has camber-topped coping; piers, monolithic up to cornice base, have moulded plinths, a recessed panel in each face and moulded cornices. The gates have plain dog bars between bottom rail and lock rail with acanthus finials above lock rail; ornate finials to main bars. The railing right of gates has finials removed; that left of gates is removed. Samuel Wyatt was employed on the estate around the time (1793) that Humphry Repton replanned the park.

Listing NGR: SJ5599278245

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436330

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing