OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253205
Date first listed:
20-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
OLD VICARAGE, INGOLDSBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253205.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 23:47:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD VICARAGE, INGOLDSBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Lenton Keisby and Osgodby
National Grid Reference:
TF 02344 30404

Details

TF 03 SW LENTON, KEISBY & OSGODBY INGOLDSBY ROAD Lenton 6/30 Old Vicarage

II

Former vicarage, now house; Late C18 and 1844 by Thomas Pilkinton of Bourne; ashlar and coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins; moulded coped gables with plain kneelers; 2 gable and one ridge stack in moulded stone. Slate roof. 2 storey with garret, 3 bay facade with plinth. The 2 end bays have slightly advanced gabled sections. Central double doors, half glazed, under 4 centre arches and hood mould, covered by later large glazed porch, flanked by single 4 light casements, full height, with timber mullions and transome, set under hood mould. Above are three 3-light similar shorter windows. Over the central one is a datestone "1844". In the 2 gables are single narrow garret lights. The lower 2 storey rear wing although much altered in 1844 is clearly earlier. Part of the rear of the main block is in coursed limestone rubble and contains a late C18 2 light Gothic traceried casement. The interior has a good C19 staircase with turned balusters and pendants on newels, original shutters and ceiling cornices.

Listing NGR: TF0234430404

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436356
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].