FRODSHAM VIADUCT NUMBER 53

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253269
Date first listed:
06-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
FRODSHAM VIADUCT NUMBER 53

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRODSHAM VIADUCT NUMBER 53
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253269 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 18:11:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
FRODSHAM VIADUCT NUMBER 53

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Frodsham
District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Sutton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 52858 78633

Details

SJ 57 NW FRODSHAM C.P. CHESTER-WARRINGTON RAILWAY

2/60 Frodsham Viaduct, Number 53.

GV II Part in Sutton C.P. Railway viaduct over River Weaver and adjoining land, 1848-1850, by A Rendel, Engineer, Thomas Brassey, contractor, for Birkenhead, Lancs & Cheshire Junction Railway Co. Red sandstone, brown brick and cast iron. 2 segmental-arched iron spans of circa 30 metres over river; 2 round arches on west bank (Frodsham C.P.) and 21 on east bank (Sutton C.P.). Piers to iron spans are rusticated tooled ashlar; the other spans have rusticated voussoirs, pier faces and quoins and rock-faced spandrelsl brick reveals. Cornice to iron-span piers, plainer imposts to others. Top of central pier to river modified to take mid C20 concrete track bed.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436340
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07785/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Keith Walker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].