GREAT HUMBY CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1253290

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1966

Statutory Address: GREAT HUMBY CHAPEL, GREAT HUMBY

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREAT HUMBY CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253290 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:40:45.

Location

Statutory Address: GREAT HUMBY CHAPEL, GREAT HUMBY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Ropsley and Humby

National Grid Reference: TF 00710 32338

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 03 SW ROPSLEY & HUMBY GREAT HUMBY Humby 6/64 Great Humby Chapel

20-9-66

II*

Chapel of Ease to Old Somerby and private chapel to the now demolished Great Humby Hall. Originally built c.1680's but rebuilt 1754 and with minor alterations in 1876 and 1980. Ashlar with slate roof and stone coped gables. Single cell nave chapel with western bell cote. Plinth. South side has plain door with very low 4 centre arch with moulded surround and raised keystone, two 3-light tall cavetto moulded mullioned windows. North and East sides each have a single similar window. The bell turret has stone coped gable with finial and timber louvres to bell chamber. Interior refitted in 1876 with pews and lectern. C14 octagonal font with panels of traceried design. In the 1980 restoration the ceiling was removed and roof exposed. A faculty was granted in 1754 for the chapel to be completely rebuilt by Hotchkin, exactly as it was but reduced in size from 41 x 17 feet to 30 x 15 feet.

Source: Basil Clarke: xxx/49

Listing NGR: TF0071032338

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436460

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing