CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253347
Date first listed:
24-Nov-1961
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253347 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 17:04:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Hart (District Authority)
Parish:
Dogmersfield
National Grid Reference:
SU7814752639

Details

SU 7852 DOGMERSFIELD

18/1 All Saints Church, Pilcot 24.11.61 - - II

1843, by B. Ferrey. Nave of 4 bays with miniature transepts (in the form of a single bay aisle), chancel of one bay, "western" tower, and south porch; an unaltered 'Early English' building. Steep slate roofing, with lower outshot roofs to transepts and low pyramid to tower. White stone walling in coursed rubble, with ashlar dressings; buttresses with 2 set-offs diagonally placed at nave corners but square-coupled to chancel, plinth. Narrow lancets to transepts and chancel, double lights below tracery in nave and tower, triple light with tracery at 'east' end. Tower is slender, of 3 stages, the 2 lower plain with flat coupled corner buttresses, a high plinth: the top stage has a parapet on brackets and on each face 2 windows (each with coupled lights beneath plate tracery) linked by an impost band: the widening at each stage is marked by 2 bands. Timber framed gabled porch on low stone wall. Within, high pointed arch separates the transepts, underneath a stone screen with a crenellated top, 4 cusped arches on slender columns standing on a low wall: at the east a 4-centred arched doorway. A fine painting (attributed to Van Dyke and in his style) is behind the altar. A white marble font with baluster stem. Wall tablets.Brass of 1590.

Listing NGR: SU7814752639

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
136516
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 2006
Reference: IOE01/15048/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].