CRESKELD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253367

Date first listed: 06-Feb-1952

Statutory Address: CRESKELD HALL, CRESKELD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRESKELD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253367 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 01:47:06.

Location

Statutory Address: CRESKELD HALL, CRESKELD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Arthington

National Grid Reference: SE2597244327

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ARTHINGTON CRESKELD LANE SE 24 SE LS 21 (west side) 6/91 Creskeld Hall 6.2.1952 - II

Large house. Of various builds, mostly C19, but with nucleus (kitchen wing and chapel) which may be late medieval in origin, much altered. Irregular plan round a small courtyard with kitchen wing forming the west range and former chapel the north range. Two storeys; entrance front on each side has inter alia, a C19 two-storey porch in Jacobean style, with crosswindow at 1st floor above the door, gable coping with ball finial and kneelers; otherwise, the exterior is of less interest.

Interior: kitchen wing contains large kitchen with massive stop-chamfered lateral beams, slightly smaller but otherwise similar secondary beams, and stop-chamfered joists; a large projecting chimney breast with chamfered segmental-headed fireplace; and an inserted panelled partition wall (probably C19). Former chapel, altered as billiard room and now of less interest.

History: in 1240 Hugo de Creskeld granted the manor to the Abbots of Kirkstall. Item formerly known as "Kirkskill Hall".

Listing NGR: SE2597244327

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436535

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing