BARN APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES WEST OF OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253372
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES WEST OF OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES WEST OF OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253372 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 09:54:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES WEST OF OLD MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Bramhope
National Grid Reference:
SE2483643427

Details

BRAMHOPE CHURCH HILL SE 24 SW LS16 (west side, off) 5/100 Barn - approx. 5 metres west of Old Manor farmhouse GV II

Barn. Dated 1691 on outshut; altered slightly. Coursed sandstone rubble, with quoins, stone slate roof. U-plan: 3 bays with front outshuts to 1st and 3rd. Former wagon entrance in set-back centre mostly blocked; blocked doorway in re-entrant of outshut to left; inserted doorway and window in front wall of outshut to right, and to right of the window a datestone inscribed "I D 1691".

Interior: 2 king post roof trusses with V-struts and curved longitudinal braces to the ridge. Rear wagon entrance blocked.

Listing NGR: SE2483643427

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436543
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Aug 2006
Reference: IOE01/15453/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Krystyna Szulecka. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].