THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1253451
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, TOWN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253451 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-May-2019 at 05:31:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, TOWN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Westborough and Dry Doddington
National Grid Reference:
SK 85065 44466

Details

SK 84 SE WESTBOROUGH & DRY DODDINGTON TOWN STREET (east side)

5/98 The Old Rectory (Formerly listed as Westborough Rectory)

19.2.52 II*

Rectory, now house. C16, C17, c1730. Red brick with ashlar dressings, blue lias with ashlar bands. Hipped slate roofs with 4 stacks over main C18 range. C16 and C17 blue lias wing to east is in the process of restoration and is at present roofless. Western range has 2 storey, 5 bay front with a projecting central bay topped by modillioned pediment. Brick plinth with ashlar dressings, 1st floor ashlar band and quoins. 6 steps lead up to central doorway with plain doorcase and C19 ¾ glazed door. Doorway flanked by 2 windows on each side with 5 above, all with splayed brick lintels and raised ashlar keystones and glazing bar sashes. 2 storey north front plus attic. 5 bays with the 2 outer bays projecting far forward with gables. Central doorway with moulded doorcase, bracketed hood and 6 panelled door, flanked by single glazing bar sashes with 2 more above with decorated eaves and a central doormer above with casements and steep pitched gable. The gabled cross wings have first floor and second floor bands with a glazing bar sash on each floor and single casements in the coped gables with kneelers. Interior contains good 3 flight return staircase of c.1730 with 3 slim balusters to the tread, one columnar, 2 twisted, all with knops, carved tread ends, ionic newels and moulded hand rail. Above an ornate panelled plaster ceiling and the flanking rooms have C18 panelling.

Listing NGR: SK8506544466

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436660
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].