THE PADDOCKS AND THE STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253505

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1991

Statutory Address: THE PADDOCKS AND THE STABLES, WINDY ARBOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PADDOCKS AND THE STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253505 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 23:26:05.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PADDOCKS AND THE STABLES, WINDY ARBOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Knowsley (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Whiston

National Grid Reference: SJ 46462 89814

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/11/2012

SJ 48 NE 1/62

WHISTON WINDY ARBOR ROAD The Paddocks and The Stables

(Formerly listed as Range of outbuildings 10m NE of Carr House Farmhouse)

GV II

Former barn and associated farm buildings. 1819 (datestone, R 1819 C) incorporating C16 and C17 work. Finely coursed rubble with sandstone dressing; brick to rear. Graduated slate roofs. The buildings form a single range (aligned NW/SE) and consist of 3 elements: (1) a low, single-storeyed room, probably a former byre, with a datestone, re-positioned, GPH, 1506, in gable wall; (2) a formerly part-storeyed barn (now entirely,without floors), extended in 1819 but preserving a datestone (GAP 1653) in the original (now internal) gable wall; and (3) a single-storeyed room to SE. All the openings on the principal (house-side) elevation date from the 1819 re-modelling. (1) wide doorway flanked by single-light windows, all with hood moulds, the former with quoined jambs, (2) with 1st floor plot band and quoining; 3 oculi with alternating square-headed windows to 1st floor; 3 similar windows and two doorways to ground, one with the 1819 datestone; vertical masonry joint marks former end wall. All openings blocked. Rear walls rebuilt in brick; blocked wagon entrance to (2) flanked by large buttresses (one dismantled). Breathers (some blocked). End walls with breathers in dressed surrounds. Interiors: (1) has squat king post roof with large side purlins. (2), 3 bays king post with queen strut roof, 2 sets of back purlins.

Listing NGR: SJ4646289814

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 436692

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing