PRISCOTT HEADSTONE CIRCA 4 METRES EAST OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST THOMAS OF CANTERBURY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253520
Date first listed:
18-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
PRISCOTT HEADSTONE CIRCA 4 METRES EAST OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST THOMAS OF CANTERBURY

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253520.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 06-Dec-2021 at 17:40:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
PRISCOTT HEADSTONE CIRCA 4 METRES EAST OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST THOMAS OF CANTERBURY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Horwood, Lovacott and Newton Tracey
National Grid Reference:
SS 52944 26873

Details

NEWTON TRACEY NEWTON TRACEY SS 52 NW 3/38 Priscott headstone circa 4 metres - east of south porch of Church of St Thomas of Canterbury GV II

Headstone. 1805. Slate. Shaped-head. Angel's bust above inscription recording death of John Priscott in 1805.

Listing NGR: SS5294426873

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436750
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/00256/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barbara Hilton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

User contributions are not fact checked and do not represent the official position of Historic England.

Request a correction of the list entry

Read the Enriching the List Terms and Conditions

For any other issue or if you need help, please email: [email protected]


Upcoming maintenance

Enriching The List will be unavailable on 7 & 8 December to allow us to prepare for the launch of an upgraded version.