This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

YEW TREE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: YEW TREE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1253543

Location

YEW TREE HOUSE, HIGHER ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Knowsley

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Halewood

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Sep-1975

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 436697

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/07/2014

SJ48NW 2/32 2481

HALEWOOD, Higher Road, Yew Tree House

(Formerly listed as House known as Yew Tree House Farm)

II

Probably mid-C17, perhaps with earlier fragments. Simple rectangular house of two rooms and centre passage, two storeys. Red sandstone walls, slate roof; Stone-mullioned windows mostly of four lights with chamfered mullions, also still exposed on original rear wall. Additional wings built circa 1780 and 1850 on end and rear in red brick, higher proportions, with horizontal sliding sashes and upright sashes. Interior has low ceiling beams in old part, and staircase probably of C18 (turned balusters removed but not destroyed). The house was originally a hunting-lodge of the Earls of Derby.

Listing NGR: SJ4410785183

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ4410785183

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253543 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 05:15:21.

End of official listing