This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

Park Farm

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: Park Farm

List entry Number: 1253578


Park Farm, 2, Main Road, Kirby Bellars, LE14 2DU

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Kirby Bellars

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jul-1992

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 189933

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 18/05/2018

SK 71 NW 4/60

FRISBY AND KIRBY MAIN ROAD 2, Park Farm (formerly listed as Kirby Park Farmhouse, LEICESTER ROAD, previously listed as Manor House)

14.7.53 II Manor house, now a house. Early C18, remodelled for Sir Francis Burdett, early C19, with mid and late C20 additions and alterations. Coursed and squared ironstone and artificial stone with ashlar dressings and steep pitched slate roof.

Chamfered and moulded plinth, first floor band, coped gables with kneelers. Two rendered brick ridge stacks. Front has central porch with multi-keystoned round headed moulded doorway with a pair of doors and entablature carrying scrolled panel with crest and obelisk finials. Flanked by two light moulded mullioned and transomed casements with continuous hood mould. Above, five coped gabled dormers with two light mullioned casements with hood moulds. Central dormer has a sundial dated 1729. East gable has to right, a mullioned casement and above it, a chamfered four centred arched doorway with hood mould and iron spiral stair. West end has a late C20 mullioned and transomed casement on each floor. Rear has full width flat-roofed late C20 addition.

Listing NGR: SK7204917436

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 72049 17436


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253578 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 01:45:59.

End of official listing