HAMMOND MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND OUR LADY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253632
Date first listed:
09-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
HAMMOND MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND OUR LADY

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAMMOND MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND OUR LADY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253632.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 16:58:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
HAMMOND MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND OUR LADY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wakefield (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Huntwick with Foulby and Nostell
National Grid Reference:
SE 40783 17288

Details

HUNTWICK WITH FOULBY NOSTELL PARK SE 4017 AND NOSTELL 6/41 Hammond monument approx - 1 metre south of south aisle of Church of St. Michael and Our Lady. GV II

Tomb chest. Earlier C18. Commemorates Elizabeth Hammond (d. 1729). Sandstone. Fielded panel sides, rectangular lid with bevelled edge but no border. Elegant seriffed lettering, with decoratively stylised initial letters "H". Three further inscriptions, (the first two in matching style): Jonathan Hamond, father of the above (d. 1731);Elizabeth, wife of John Hammond (d.1751); and Susanah, wife of the above Jonathan, (d. 1753).

Listing NGR: SE4078317288

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436881
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/10694/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Robson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].