THREE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD 3 TO 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253645
Date first listed:
02-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
THREE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD 3 TO 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD 3 TO 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253645.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 23:07:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD 3 TO 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Melbury Bubb
National Grid Reference:
ST 59602 06544

Details

MELBURY BUBB ST 50 NE MELBURY BUBB VILLAGE 2/78 Three Monuments in the churchyard 3-5 metres south- east of Tower of Church of St Mary

GV II

Table-Tombs. Late C17, and early C18. Stone. (1) With plain stone sides, moulded cornice and hipped top block. To John Foye, Gent...died 15th February 1685. (2) With plain stone sides, moulded cornice and hipped top block. Inscription illegible. Partly sunken in. (3) Plain Portland stone sides, bulbous end, projecting cornice and flat top block. To Elizabeth Baker, died 1701.

Listing NGR: ST5959306538

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436894
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15601/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Duncan Miller. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].